What is Auto Expo 2020?
Auto Expo is one of the world’s most awaited event in the automotive sector. The event is a composition of the best minds in the automotive fields which come to showcase their latest technology in the automotive world concerning products, technologies, concepts, and trends.
The event is going to take place at two different locations, as
- 7-12 February at India Expo Mart, Greater Noida, UP, India
- 6-9 February at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, India
The event which is taking place on 7-12 February is dedicated to vehicle launch and showcase, whereas the event on 6-9 February is dedicated to the vehicle components launch and showcase.
Car launch List
The Auto expo event is going to be a great platform for numerous cars that are going to be launched. Few cars have already been launched and some will be launched in the upcoming days. The cars launched are inbuilt with the latest technology; some of them are listed below:
Mercedes-AMG GT 4-door
- The Carnival has been formally launched by Kia Motors in India at the Auto Expo. The upcoming car will be placed in the sparsely populated luxury MPV segment. The Carnival starts at Rs24.95 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) for the base variant and goes all the way to Rs33.95 lakh for the top option. The car gets various seat configurations as well. The Carnival is well equipped with a 2.2-litre, VGT diesel engine that gives out 200PS of power and a peak torque of 440Nm.
Skoda Octavia RS245
- The car is launched for 36lakh bidding farewell to current-gen Octavia.
- The new Skoda Octavia RS245 is expected to be launched in India with a price tag of Rs 30 lakhs (ex-showroom). Set in motion the Skoda Octavia RS 245 will be a 2.0-litre direct-injection turbo petrol engine that is capable of producing 245bhp and 370Nm of torque. The model can speed up from 0-100kmph in 6.6 seconds, up to an electronically restricted maximum speed of 250kmph. Visual updates to the Skoda Octavia RS 245 will include an aggressive body kit, blacked-out elements such as the ORVMs and grille, all LED lighting, and 18-inch alloy wheels. The model will also be equipped with sportier suspension setup.
- The E200 is a micro electric car is a two-seater. It’s 2497 mm long, 1526 mm wide, and 1616 mm tall. The E200 is the successor to the Baojun E100 and has more than 200 updates. The E200 is powered by an all-electric motor, the specifications of which haven’t been disclosed yet. However, the E200 can go up to 250km on a single charge (NEDC claimed). The front end comes with split headlamps with LED DRLs. Further, the silver inserts on the front bumpers jazz up things.
- Meanwhile, the rear end comes with slim LED tail lamps. Its feature list includes an air conditioner and connected car technology. The connected car technology comes with features like charging and parking navigation, power supply, vehicle inspection, and more.
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios turbo variant
- The sportier version of the Grand i10 Nios has been showcased at Auto Expo 2020. It comes well equipped with the 1.0-liter turbo petrol engine that powers the Aura and has similar aesthetics. The turbocharged Nios will be its most expensive petrol variant with a price tag of Rs 7.5 lakh.
- The turbo-petrol variant of the Nios fails to reach out on the N-Line treatment as well as badging. Performance-wise similar to the Aura with 100PS and 172Nm while mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. The Grand i10 Nios is also fully equipped with 1.2-liter petrol and diesel engines.
Tata sierra Nameplate EV
- Tata Sierra EV marks the return of the iconic nameplate, and it boasts a fully electric powertrain. The influence of the latest crop of Land Rover models in the Sierra EV concept can be clearly seen. The front end features a comprehensive profile with swooping bonnet structure and sleek LED headlamps accentuated by the brawny bumper section. The concept narrows into the tall and raked windshield with the A-pillar given a black treatment while looking from the front. Tata Motors provided a modern and progressive look into the future of SUVs, and it boasts a fully electrified powertrain without revealing any specifications.
- The new Harrier has been launched by Tata Motors in India at the Auto Expo 2020 for an introductory price of Rs 13.69 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The 2020 Tata Harrier comes with a BS6-compliant engine but also a much-awaited automatic transmission. The new Harrier is powered by a BS6-compliant 2.0-liter Kryotec diesel engine that develops 170PS and 350Nm of peak torque. The SUV comes with three drive modes: Normal, Rough and Wet — that are paired with ESP terrain response modes.
Tata HBX Micro SUV
- Tata Motors has launched a near-production version of the H2X Concept, called the HBX, at Auto Expo 2020. The production specification SUV could get a touchscreen infotainment system and a digital instrument cluster. The production specification SUV is expected to feature the 1.2-litre Revotron petrol engine that delivers 86PS/114Nm.The launch is expected by the end of 2020 with prices beginning at around Rs 5 lakh mark.
BS6 Tata Hexa Safari edition
- Tata Motors has unveiled the Hexa Safari Edition at Auto Expo 2020. Based on the Hexa 4×4, it features a mild cosmetic update and an upgraded BS6-compliant diesel engine. Further, the carmaker will retain the Hexa nametag in the BS6 era with an updated powertrain. Highlights include a sturdier bumper, blacked-out 17-inch alloy wheels and Safari Edition badging at the rear end. Further, all the chrome elements have been replaced by blacked-out elements, giving it a sly look. Under the hood, the Hexa Safari Edition utilizes the 2.2-liter Varicor motor, albeit with BS6 upgrades. In its upgraded form, we expect it to develop 154PS of power and 400Nm of torque. The Safari Edition will be available with a 6-speed manual and all-wheel-drive. Meanwhile, the standard model will be available with a 6-speed automatic and manual options with rear-wheel drive.
Renault Zoe EV
- A small car with big promises as a small but efficient EV.
Maruti Suzuki Swift Hybrid
- The car features a 48V hybrid motor along with a 1.2ltr petrol engine.
Renault K-ZE (Kwid Electric)
- Twin to the Kwid Facelift, which was launched for sale last year.
Maruti Futuro-e Coupe-SUV
- Maruti has revealed a future design direction in the SUV which is going to be a great hit with the Futuro-e concept.
- Mahindra has finally launched the eKUV100 electric vehicle (EV) in India at Rs 8.25 lakh (ex-showroom). The KUV100 mini SUV-based EV gets a 15.9kWh liquid-cooled battery, which is suitable for a claimed range of 147km. New features include connected car tech, which allows you to set the temperature of the air conditioning before you get into the car. This is one of the most affordable EVs on sale in India, and it rivals the Mahindra eVerito and Tata Tigor EV.
Permagard’s surface paint protection technology has been tested at some of the most extreme conditions and it has stood the test of time! We have been protecting commercial aircrafts for 20+ years & now the same technology has been brought to the Indian Automotive Market!
Permagard has launched several revolutionary technologies for car paint protection.
Read More about Permagard India here –
Permagard does paint protection treatment for your car’s exterior which makes its life much longer. We use reactive polymer treatment for the exterior paint protection which is highly recommended for luxury cars especially in the Indian conditions.
Read more about the Reactive Polymer Technology here –
Copyright All rights reserved. No parts of the content of this website may be reproduced or distributed in public, without the prior written permission of the publisher. All images are copyright to their respective owners and are protected under international copyright laws.