You would always like to keep your car as good as new. It gives you immense joy to see a smooth and glossy finish to your car. However, everyday incidents like UV ray damage, road grime, and bird droppings can leave your car paint looking ugly.
It can lead to long-lasting stains and scratches on the surface of your car. It can also cause corrosion of the car’s exterior paint over some time. This makes the shine of your car dull. The paint may also chip off and can cause further damage.
Car owners are increasingly opting for protective products or films for protecting car paint. People are considering reactive polymer, car waxing, polishing, and paint protection films, vinyl wraps and ceramic or nano paints to protect the colour and gloss of their cars.
Car dealers are selling out a variety of car detailing products with lavish promises. This gives rise to a significant question. Which out of all these available products is best for your car?
We will discuss three main protection measures for car paint-
- Reactive polymer
- Car Wax
- Car films
Let us see if we can conclude the usage and vitality of any one of them.
Reactive Polymer is a crystal-clear coating that chemically bonds to your vehicle’s paint to become a new surface. A reactive Polymer coating, which is very popular these days, is a clear coat that includes a liquid polymer. The polymer forms a chemical bond with the car’s factory paint. Once coated, it cannot be removed by any chemicals.
The polymer coating can protect the car from scratches, dirt, and contaminants. Polymer coating also doesn’t have any side-effects on the original paint. The resulting protective layer offers an ultra-smooth, high gloss, and resistant coating.
This coating acts as a shield between harmful contaminants and the paint. Since it combines the coating with paint by a strong chemical bond, the protection stays strong even under harsh circumstances.
Here are some points that support the notion of reactive polymer being the best car coating treatment. It can be applied to both new or old car, but it is recommended to apply to the newly bought cars.
- These polymers are Super Hydrophobic in nature. Their water-repellant nature reduces cleaning time. It also extends times between needed washes.
- They are UV resistant and thus preserve the colour from fading and oxidation.
- Reactive Polymer extends paint life, as it covers the paint with a protective layer.
- It increases the curb appeal of your car and maintains a high gloss finish.
- If done correctly, the protective coating can last the lifetime of the car.
Car waxes are solid hydrocarbons in the form of waxes. Most of the waxes are in solid form, so you cannot directly apply them to your car. Moreover, car wax can literally destroy expensive cars. If you own a luxury car, it would be better to skip the application of car wax. Instead, reactive polymer technology preserves the surface of luxury cars.
- Wax melts at high temperature thus dust and dirt particles get easily stuck, damaging the paint.
- Wax builds up over time on the car’s surface layer by layer. Over time, scratches dull the exposed finish.
- The length of protection is not more than 6 weeks.
Paint Protection Films or PPFs
Paint Protection Film or a PPF is a urethane film made from a thermoplastic compound. You can apply it to painted surfaces of a new or used car to protect the paint or can even be applied to the exterior portion of the car. Anywhere if you suspect the possibility of scratches or stains and abrasions, you can get the PPFs applied.
This increases the amount of time you spend on paint protection. Every time you forget to cover a portion of paint with a PPF film, it can get damaged. On the other hand, reactive polymer proposes a more convenient scheme. Paint protection films are a rather outdated method of paint protection.
- Professional vehicle wraps come at a very expensive price.
- In addition, the films can start wearing after 2 to 3 years when subjected to strong sun, debris, and weather.
- The PPFs or the Vinyl wraps are good for cars with factory paint jobs. If you have repainted your car or it has a corroded surface, the vinyl wrap may not adhere well and will lead to wrinkling, or and bubbling.
Everybody wants to keep his or her cars shiny and glossy like the new. Considering all the pros and cons, the PFFs and car wax do not stand a chance against the latest reactive polymer technology. The polymer coating, when used, lasts longer than any wax.
It is more scratch-resistant and has superior UV protection. Even the strong rays of the Sun will not be able to oxidize the car paint under extreme conditions. Reactive Polymer coatings also have great hydrophobic strength, which is not present in the films or waxes.
To conclude, whatever be your requirements, you can always rely on Permagard. We lead the world in the technology of paint protection. Our Polymer Coating will prevent paint oxidation from the sun and other elements. Thus, it will go a long way in protecting your car from rust and general deterioration.
The Permagard treatment for your car uses an eco-friendly reactive polymer that is suitable for all types of vehicles. You can directly apply it to your car’s surface. It provides durable protection and maintains a long-lasting shine on any painted surface. These are some of the factors that reinforce the consideration of Reactive Polymer technology as the best car coating treatment.